So now you want to buy yourself a good sewing machine, but are intimidated by the price tag that comes along. First of all it is completely natural to feel this way, after all sewing machines do look expensive. But the thing is that this is not a myth nor a dream, to see yourself with the best sewing machine under $100.
The good thing about the sewing machine industry is that they are really devoted to their customers, and want to provide much more in lesser price. So, without wasting further more time, if you are an individual who has been doing some sewing machine research whilst keeping the $100 cash at a side, this guide is for you.
Top 4 Best Sewing Machines Under $100
|Image||Product Name||Editor Rating|
|JANOME Beach Sew||4.6/5|
What to look for in a Sewing Machine Under $100
Let’s be clear.
A $100 price range yells that you are a beginner, or looking for beginner level needs.
There is no doubt that the bigger the price tag, the better the machine. However, you can get the best of sewing world in this price tag too. But the right kind of machine should:
- Offer you the basic stitches like the straight line and zig-zag stitch, followed by some other decorative stitches.
- Offer you range of solution to your basic problems such as home based projects, deal with the light-weighted materials.
- Not confuse you (be it in the case of a mechanical machine or a computerized machine).
Moreover, if you are a lazy shopper and rely much on guidance, or just want some basic honest information on an affordable sewing machine that you can find under the $100 tag, then you should give this list a read.
Without further ado, let’s begin our hunt for the best sewing machine under $100.
Here are 4 best sewing machines for beginners under $100:
Easy-to-Use Everyday Sewing Machine, with 10 stitches
Editor’s Rating: 4.8/5
This is the most workable, inexpensive sewing machine in this price. It’s simple yet powerful features have so much to offer to the sewers. The machine allows one to work easily on the flat bed and free arm feature, can also provide sufficient hemming purposes and deals with heavy materials like denim as well. More features include :
- 900 stitches per minute
- 10 stitch build-in pattern
- Option of fully customizing the buttonhole
- The 4 step auto buttonhole feature
- Easier and faster bobbin Winding
- Zipper, button and buttonhole -The easy-to-switch 3 presser feet
- 25 year warranty
Now the machine has a lot to offer in this awesome price tag. Good stitching speed, with 3 presser feet and 4 step auto buttonhole feature make it a bug winner. It allows the sewer to experiment more, due to it’s free arm part. Makes the job really easy for the sewer
Although it does make it easy for the sewer to sew, yet it lacks the automatic features such as automatic needle threader. So, those who are not friendly with the needle threader part, they will have a hard time with this machine.
Free-Arm Sewing Machine with 59 Stitch Functions
Editor’s Rating: 4.7/5
This pink colored sewing machine is a multi-purpose winner. What you can expect from this machine is some good work and great features. Keeping in mind the price tag, the machine offers its users with a lot of automatic functions, which are not necessarily available in all models of BROTHER. Main features that this sewing machine offers includes :
- 25 Built-in Stitch styles, along-with dial controlled stitch selection option
- Automatic needle threader with Automatic Drop-in bobbin system
- Adjustable stitch width and length of up to 5 mm
- General Purpose and Zipper foot
- 4- step Buttonhole Foot
- Automatic Bobbin winder and drop-in bobbin system
- Handful of accessories including 3 extra bobbins, 3 regular needles
- 25 year rich warranty
- User manual
The machine offers a good deal and with the Automatic features, it makes it even easier for users to sew and work. The machine is compact and can be used to work for basic household and everyday projects. Also, Thick fabrics seem to work just fine with the machine too.
The presser foot pressure can not be adjusted. Plus without proper seam adjustment, the zipper foot can really bug you as it require frequent needle adjustments. The foot presser lever’s position is awkward and at a unusual place
27 Stitches, 1-Step Auto-Size Buttonholer, Sewing Machine
Editor’s Rating: 4.7/5
The BROTHER XM2701 is loaded with features. Be it Beginner or Advanced sewers, everybody loves the versatility this machine has to offer. The machine is jam-packed and it is hard to beleive that it falls under this category. The features this machine offers include:
- 27 Build-in Stitch Patterns, including straight-line, zig-zag and blind hem
- 63 stitch functions
- Automatic needle threader
- 800 stitches per minute
- Quick set bobbin, with 6 feed dogs
- Build-in quilting features
- 1- step button hole style, which would ensure virtually perfect button holes
- Warranty of 25 years
- Bilingual Insturction Manuals in English and Spanish for better understanding
The machine has a lot of offer. No, really it does. Depending on your technical skills, you can really do some good tasks with this one. Hemming and stitching has been made so much more easier, and the 6 easily changeable feed dogs let you operate in different modes. The Stitch patterns that the machine can sew are massive and include all the perfect ones.
The LED lighting in the machine is somewhat dim. But this problem can be solved by working in perhaps a better lit area.
Editor’s Rating: 4.6/5
Don’t let the word mini confuse you. The machine is indeed powerful and very authentic, especially if you are a experienced sewer. The machine is composed of all the large features in a smaller caging. The main features include:
- Top loading bobbin
- 2 stitches, Including Straight Stitch
- 4-piece feed dog
- Manual thread tension control
- Clip on presser feet
- Push-pull bobbin winder
- Extra high presser foot lift
- Stitch selection dial
- 3 stitch width adjustments
- 5 stitch length adjustments
The Machine is compact and very very portable. Plus, those enthusiasts who want to learn sewing fast, this one is the best machine for them. The machine looks basic but provides sewers with a perfect control.
The warranty period offered on this machine is rather small. It is effective and strong but a rich warranty adds in the value of the machine.
Just remember, there are several machines which can come under the $100 tag, but it is important to look for if the basics are being covered or not. Otherwise your investment will be a major fail.
In my honest opinion, Brother LS2125i is the best sewing machine under $100 for all the benefits it offers in this low price.