If you’re a carpenter, you’ve always heard of a tape measure holder. But if you don’t, I’ll teach you. It is a tool for briefly storing the tape measure when it is not in use during the course of your job. It’s usually worn around the waist by hooking it into your pocket or belt. In certain situations, the holder has holes into which the belt can be woven. These holders are normally at arm’s length and about the hips to give you easier access when you start working. It is available in leather, polyester, and even nylon. Furthermore, it is available in various sizes to accommodate additional tape measures.
If you’ve arrived at this page, we’re assuming you’re looking for a new tape measure holder. You can scan their features and advantages by using our selection below, and then choose the best tape measure holder that suit you
Let’s get started.
Top Picks : 5 Best Tape Measure Holder
Top 7 Best Tape Measure Holder Reviews- 2021
1. Custom Leathercraft 464 Heavy Duty Measuring Tape Holder
If you need a tough and long-lasting tape measure holder, this is the one to use. This one, as the name says, is made of leather and can add to your options. The leather material is stylish and durable enough to last a long time. They have a snap to keep the tape measure in place. This works best if the tape is thin enough to fit in the pocket. As a result, it would hold the tape in place.This tape measure holder accommodates belts with a maximum diameter of 3.75 inches. As the number indicates, it should match most belts you’re actually wearing. Furthermore, the pouch will hold tape measures ranging from 25′′ regular Stanley to 35′′ Fatmax Stanley. The narrower the tape, the greater the possibility of more space inside. More space means it can wiggle a little more when turning around.
While this tape measure holder is cumbersome to use and the straps and buttons easily split or pop off, as well as the cloth loosening rapidly, even after just a few uses, it is an inexpensive and effective holder that features heavy leather skin or fabric and is a perfectly well-built tape measure holder.
- Superior quality – If you are tired of tape measure holders that break easily and cannot last long, then it is about time you get one that is made of leather. This holder is created with tough and thick leather material to make sure that it resists any pressure, wear or tears.
- Affordable tape measure and Heavy duty- Unlike other tape measure holders that might try and overburden your budget, this is relatively affordable and anybody can easily manage the cost of it.
- Safety snap included – To prevent tape measure from falling from time to time while you are busy working, it is fitted with a snap that locks or closes with a click in order to hold your tape measure tightly in place.
- Heavy duty.
- Comes with snap included.
- Excellent quality,
- A thin (16-inch) tape will wiggle.
2. CLC Custom Leathercraft 364 Fit All Measuring Tape Holder
If you’re looking for a tool belt tape holder that will fit well with your Dewalt drill and the Dewalt clip, this is the one to use. It functions flawlessly as a short holster for your drill and is extremely simple to load and unload. It is made of thick cloth and rivets, so it can last for a long time.Not all of the products have clips wide enough for a drill clip, but this one does. Very happy with it.
Unlike other tape measure holders, this one accepts any size of clip on measuring tape. If you are a carpenter or you deal a lot with construction then you need a tape holder that is designed to withstand the stresses of demanding use. This holder is made to be heavy duty hence ideal for such demanding tasks.
Furthermore, It has a clip on the backside of the holder that is intended to be longer for a tighter and more secure grip. If it’s stuck on the belt or wallet, it’s not meant to come undone when you take out the tape measure. In addition to Durable steel tape clip design, this measuring tape holder is well riveted to make it much more stronger
- Heavy duty- for those seeking to get a tape holder that they can use in a variety of demanding tasks, then this perfect choice as it is designed to withstand all the pressure from heavy duty activities..
- Quality – Having a holder that is loose and keeps falling off while you are busy at work can be more frustrating. However, the solution to this mess is in the strength of the clip that the holder comes with. In this case, the clip is longer enough to grip you tightly to your belt.
- Affordable- If you are looking for another affordable yet quality tape measure holder, then this is the one to go for. It is fairly priced and hence less costly.
- It can accept any size of clip on measuring tape.
- It is for heavy-duty purposes.
- Created with durable steel tap clip design
- It can last for long.
- It has 2-inch long belt slots.
- Sometime when you sit down or bump something, it pops out.
3. ToughBuilt – Pliers Tool Pouch – Tape measure holder
When you need to grab the tape measure quickly and easily, the clip will probably be sufficient. When it comes to hooking the holder, it works in the same manner. It makes it simple to hook the holder and transport it securely.Furthermore, it is equipped with many pockets for storing screws, wire nuts, and other small items, as well as slots for hanging screwdrivers and other small items. It seems that this holder is appropriate for the electrician.
Overall, this numerous pocket tape measure holder is a perfect purchase for electricians who need to carry their tape measure as well as other electrical pieces of equipment on their belt during the course of their jobs. Because of the polyester, it is also lightweight. As a result, wearing the equipment does not feel as heavy as you might think.
- Heavy Duty – All you need is carried and protected. This dependable tool pouch can survive the most demanding working conditions thanks to its tough six-layer construction and heavy-duty rivet reinforcement.
- Effective and quality – This pouch features a one-of-a-kind, flexible center pocket with a bottom that can be closed for pliers or opened for longer tools to hang through. There’s even a screwdriver cord, a tape measure clip, and a pencil pocket. Fits well on its own or as an alternative to every toolbelt. To even say it is of high quality is an understatement, this holder is nothing short of amazing
- Long Lasting- It is made of high-quality materials to last for several years in the market. It can survive some of the harshest conditions. Furthermore, the original purchaser is protected by our exclusive lifetime warranty against faults in material or workmanship.
- It has heavy duty rivet reinforcement,
- It is quality and reliable.
- It is versatile
- Can last for long.
- It is covered with a limited warranty.
- The size of this pouch is too big for constructors.
4. Klein Tools 5196 Tape Measure Holder
If you want a leather tape measure holder that comes in three different sizes, this is the one to use. As we realized, the big scale is meant to protect tape measures varying in size from standard 25′′ to 30′′ tape measures.This holder will stay securely on your belt no matter how forcefully you take the tape measure out of its position, and no matter where the body is during the job due to the belt slot. These slots are designed to accommodate any belt with a diameter of up to 2.5 inches.
It has a snap to keep the tape measure in place, much like Custom Leathercraft. This is helpful for securing a small tape measure inside so that it does not slip out. In the case of the 30′′ disk, there is no doubt that it secures flawlessly.Besides that, it has big cut out sides for easy access to the tape. The slots created allow you to mount it to belts with widths of up to two and a half inches. It is well riveted as well to ensure a long and durable life and to prevent it from breaking or wearing quickly.
- Quality – If you are a construction worker, you understand well the importance of a quality holder. A good holder should be in a position to excellently stick to the measuring tape belt or ant apron style tool belt. Besides, they are absolutely amazing and really does a great job in heavy duty industry
- Durable – Unlike other pouches that break upon putting multiple tapes, this one is made of an excellent riveted leather construction in order to ensure long life.
- Affordable- In addition to being well functional and effective, it is pocket friendly and hence you can easily manage to purchase one for yourself.
- Created with strong riveted leather construction.
- Perfect for carrying large-sized power return rules.
- It is relatively affordable.
- It has slots that can be attached to the belt.
- It is quality,
- Not for all sizes of tape measure.
5. Occidental Leather 5047 Tape & Knife Holder
If you need a tape measure holder for your 25′′ Stanley Fatmax tape measure or anything similar, this is a good option. The 25-inch Stanley Fatmax would fit snugly in the pouch of the holder. If necessary, you could remove the tape’s clip to better protect it.It has a loop on the backside of the holder that is made to be longer for a stronger grip. When you hook it on the belt, it holds well and the odds of it dropping are almost none.
However, the disadvantage of this holder seems to be apparent. If the tape measure is thinner or greater than the 25′′ Fatmax, the tape measure would most certainly break off, which is bad. As a result, double-check the scale of the tape measure. Overall, this is an excellent holder.Furthermore, it is intended to be a small, elegant, and slick toll that can be used to store a utility knife, pencils, and foot tape. It’s also ideal if you’re going to use them to keep chalk lines. While it cannot be used for heavy duty tasks, it is clear that it is a lightweight option for small work.
- Compact measuring tape holder – If you are just after something small to hold a knife and may be 2 pencils while at work , then this slick tape holder is the perfect solution for you. For most construction workers who do not do more heavy duty stuff, having this is great gain.
- Easy to use – For people who have never used tape measure holders at all, this one is extremely easy to hook on your belt or even your pocket.
- Relatively cheap – Being pocket friendly, you can save a relative huge amount of money on the off chance that you decide to go with this.
- Easy to utilize.
- It is a beautiful leather.
- It is compact and lightweight.
- It can serve as an excellent holder for chalk lines.
- Only limited tape measure that fits into the pouch
- No snap
6. MagnoGrip 002-290 Quick Snap Magnetic Tape Measure Holder
Are you continually irritated by the fact that you have to remove and reattach your measuring tape to your belt? There is, though, a smarter way to go about it. Surprisingly, this best tape measure holder is a viable option.All you have to do is hook your measuring tape to the magnetic holder and tie it to your belt, and you’re done. When you move the tape into the film, the magnets immediately attach to it. Furthermore, it remains firmly in place even as you move about. When it’s time to delete it, just take it away from the clip and it’ll come out.
And if you are a hobbyist or handyman looking for a cheaper and simpler way to remove your tape measure from your belt without having to locate your belt every time you unclip it, then this holder is the solution. It holds well to your belt and does not quickly slip off because it is enhanced with sturdy clips and magnets.Furthermore, this tape measure holder gives convenient access to tape and has a simple “snap on, snap off” system. For added toughness, it is strengthened with rivets at main stress points.It is made with a double-layered ballistic nylon to achieve a rugged lightweight construction that puts less strain on your back and more muscle into the gear, so it handles the most demanding jobs.The revolutionary magnetic technology built into this holder enables you to keep tools secure and close at hand
- Lightweight- the double layered ballistic nylon gives it a strong lightweight construction hence you can easily stick to your belt or pocket.
- Strong and durable – To make it not fall off easily while you are moving around, it is created with strong clips and magnets that can hold tightly to your belt.
- Affordable – Normally, a strong and durable tape measure holder would cost you a lot of resources but for this one, the price is fairly priced and you can easily obtain one.
- It has added toughness.
- It is enhanced with strong clips and magnets
- Simple to use.
- Belt clip is not very secure
7.Dead On Tools DO-TH Tape Measure Holder
If you need a larger tape measure holder that is stable and long-lasting, the Dead On DO-TH Killer Precision Tape Holder is the perfect option! Furthermore, this Holders has a dual fastening mechanism that helps you to quickly snap it on your trousers or belt loop. It also comes with a locking strap with snaps to prevent the tape measure from slipping out. Its shaped form makes for easy access and the handling of several tape measurements. It is made of a ballistic nylon yarn, which is incredibly durable and long-lasting. This tape measure holder is useful despite its size and attachment loop being too long. Its molded form and locking strap functionality provide greater protection when handling your tape measure before or after work.
Even, if you intend to assemble your own tool belt. This tape measure is well-made and well-stitched, and the clasp is safe without making it impossible to reach your tape measure. Aside from that, it fits well for my 30′ Stanley Fat Max and my 25′ Craftsman.
- Durability – To help you work extensively with it for a long period of time, this tape measure is made to be strong with ballistic nylon fabric for maximum life.
- Secure tape – Created with a dual fastening system, it can easily clip on your belt firmly. Besides, the locking strap with a snap will keep the measurer secure.
- Less costly – Although highly priced products seem to have more quality compared to less costly products. It is also undeniable that some fairly priced products have amazing quality and this is one of them. That way, you can easily get one for yourself without breaking your budget.
- It is designed with skilled craftsmanship in mind.
- It has a moulded shape for quick fast in and out.
- It can endure tears and wear.
- Made with strong ballistic nylon fabric.
- Dual fastening mechanism.
- The hook that connects to the belt/pants is very loose.
Buying Guide for tape measure holder
As we all know, the length of a tape measure varies with size. If the pouch-like tape measure holder only has a limited amount of space, it is impossible that any form of tape measure would fit inside. If it’s so spacy, the little tape measurements won’t stay still or even come out.
If you want something long-lasting, the material you use is essential. You may choose from the following materials: leather, nylon, and polyester. Neither of them is without flaws. Everyone has its own combination of advantages and drawbacks.When you think about the content, you’re thinking about the holder’s longevity. Another aspect is security. Some versions can withstand water, and others can withstand wear and tear. Find one that will last longer so you can save time and money.
How it is secured
How it is guarded is a consideration that many people ignore, but it is extremely important. Some are kept in a pouch, while some are kept in a clip. A pouch is similar to a purse. On top, there is a cover. The tape measure will be placed in the pouch, and the cover will protect it from falling out. The clip, on the other side, is the metal clip where you hook the tape measure.It doesn’t really matter which you use, but if you’re working on something hard, a clip will help you keep the tape measure in place.
All of the goods listed above, for example, have varying costs. And if others are more costly, you will still find some of the better tape measures at a decent price. Nonetheless, you need not sacrifice quality and durability for low-cost tape holders.
How to make a leather tape measure holder ?
If you always misplace your measuring tape and want to make it its own dedicated holder, I’ll walk you through the steps. It will only take you a few minutes to make from a piece of leather, and you will absolutely adore it.
Step 1: Cut a Strip of Leather material
Using heavy duty scissors to cut a strip about 1 1/2″ inches wide from a 5″ x 7″ leather material. The edges can be very sharp, so handle carefully, or better yet, wear gloves to do this.
Step 2: Bend the Strip in a U-shape
Using a straight edge, bend the nylon strip into a u-shape – it should be deep enough to wrap around the sides of the other piece of nylon that you will attach it to and leave about 1/2 inch of space for the measuring tape clip to easily glide in place.
Step 3: Cut out another piece of leather
Using a pair of scissors, cut out about 1” inch wide leather material that you will attach to the U-shaped strip as a cover.
Step 4: Attach the Holder to the cover piece.
If you’ve obtained both the holder and the sheet, gently glue them together with solid super glue. Finally, tie a thin strip of leather to one of the sides so that you can clip it to your belt or pocket.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What are the best tape measures?
The right tape measures have noteworthy characteristics such as special loops, belt clips, and all-weather longevity. The Stanley PowerLock is a clear example. It is a small, easy-to-use tape measure that meets the above requirements.
What tape measure has the longest standout?
Milwaukee’s latest Broad Blade Tape Measures feature the widest, straightest standout which have up to 14 foot of standout for increased coverage and reliability on the jobsite. Users would be able to calculate long distances on their own due to the incredibly effective straight standout.
What is a more accurate ruler or tape measure?
Using a tape measure is not only easier, but it also produces more accurate results contrasted with a ruler.
What are the two most common sizes of tape measures?
The majority of tape measurements in use today are 12 to 25 feet long. The 25-foot length is widely used by builders, while the 12-foot length is the most commonly used by users.
A tape measure holder is a useful tool for assisting you when working. Its minor role greatly aids us in completing our tasks in an efficient manner. This holder also stops the tape measure from falling apart, preventing us from having to buy the defective tape again. As a result, this is a brilliant investment.
As you might have seen from this analysis, almost all of the items mentioned above share similar characteristics. We are satisfied that we have shed more light on the requirements you need, as well as the benefits, functionality, and disadvantages, and it is now up to you to make a decision.