Buying a sewing machine is an exciting decision, but getting the best depends on your skills and budget. The Brother SB700T Sewing Machine is among the best sewing machines you can buy. The model you get will impact your sewing future in many ways.
When choosing a machine, remember there’s a world of difference between a good machine and a not-so-good one. The usefulness of a well-designed sewing machine will save you a lot of frustration as you gain experience. You will enjoy the process of learning and sewing without much trouble. A poorly designed or overly complicated sewing machine will frustrate your learning efforts. What should you look for when buying a sewing machine? One of the primary things to check is the type of machine.
The most common types in the market are mechanical, electronic, and embroidery sewing machines options. Mechanical models are more suited for sewers on a budget. Most of the controls are manual, handling essential functions in repairs, simple clothing, hems, and crafts projects. Electronic machines are a little more costly, but they are worth the investment if you plan to sew regularly. They shift much of the work from your hands to computer chips. They make use of LED screen and touchpad controls.
The electronic machines also come with an array of presser feet for challenging functions. These include topstitching, piping, and other settings for different stitch types. Embroidery sewing machines are ideal for monogramming and embroidery of bedspreads, garments, and pillowcases.
Whatever type of machine you choose, ensure it comes with the essential features. These include automatic buttonholer, feed-dog adjustment, and should be lightweight. Other features are good ergonomic controls, presser feet, needle threader, speed control, tension adjustment, and top-load bobbin. There are many sewing machine models to choose from in the market. We did a review of the ones we believe to be the best to help you while making a decision.
What Is the Brother SB700T Sewing Machine?
image source: Unsplash
The Brother SB700T sewing machine is a computerized sewing and quilting machine. It’s a model from the Simplicity Limited Edition line by Brother. It’s an ideal choice for sewers who want to expand their abilities using high-end features. The Brother SB700T sewing machine also lets you include other accessories and dimensions of color, sophistication, texture, and apparel with 70 built-in stitches. The built-in free arm and a wide table will help you further expand your creative vision.
With Brother SB700T sewing machine, which is a limited edition, you’ll enjoy coming up with brilliant fashions. Some of the basic features of the Brother SB700T sewing machine include a secure needle threading system and an easy bobbin winding mechanism. It also comes with LED lighting and a push button stitch-select. The manual thread tension, free table, and quick set bobbin make your sewing process easy. The machine weighs 22.046lbs and measures approximately 14 inches long by 12 inches wide by 19 inches deep.
Brother Sb700T Sewing Machine Specs
image source: Unsplash
Brother SB700T sewing machine comes with a wide variety of specifications that make it a unique model. It’s an electronic machine with variable speed controls. This allows you to sew with or without the foot controller attached. The 70 built-in sewing stitches allow you to use a variety of stitches in your creativity stitching work. They include 7 styles of one-step auto-size buttonholes. The back-lit LCD screen display plays a great role in helping you get a clear view of the settings of the selected stitches.
With the backlight, you can view the stitch length and width. With the clear view, it is easy to select the type of presser foot to use. The electronic speed control ensures that you sew with accuracy and safety, especially on curves and intricate details. Brother SB700T sewing machine has a start and stop button and a foot controller. You can sew with or without the controller depending on which option is easier. Your expertise also determines how well you can sew without the foot controller.
The needle threading system works conveniently, even for beginners. By pressing a button, the machine pushes the thread through the eye of the needle. The bobbin winding system is also super easy to use. At the press of a lever, you will easily wind both bobbins without realizing it. Brother SB700T sewing machine also has a jam-resistant quick set drop-in top bobbin. It plays a role in making your sewing process easy.
As soon as you have a full bobbin, all you need to do is pull the thread through and start your sewing process. The built-in free arm is essential in helping you sew on sleeves and cuffs accurately and efficiently. The reverse stitch feature lets you enjoy greater stitch versatility. The wide table gives you a wide area for measuring your larger sewing projects. If you buy the machine, you never have to worry about additional working space.
Other accessories that come with the Brother SB700T sewing machine are the cording foot and buttonhole foot. It also includes zipper and zigzag foot, button fitting foot, blind stitch foot, and overcasting foot.
Sewing machines sell for different prices in the market. Some are sold locally while others are imported online through platforms like Amazon. Some of the factors that influence prices include features, size, and accessories of the sewing machines. Some of them that sell for a few dollars are hand-held and very portable. The expensive ones are larger and ideal for use for large sewing projects.
How It Compares
We understand there are many sewing machines with a dizzying range of options. It can get confusing when choosing one. Deciding among the many features, the sizes, and prices can leave you undecided. We picked a few similar products available on the market to see how they compare.
- Husqvarna Viking Sapphire 930 Sewing Machine
- Janome 2212 Sewing Machine
- Singer Confidence Quilter 7469Q Computerized Electronic Portable Sewing Machine
Brother Sb700T Sewing Machine
- 50 Unique built-in stitches: The ST150HDH features 50 built-in standard, utility and decorative stitches including 5 auto-size buttonholes
- Advanced needle threader and drop-in top bobbin: This sewing machine includes an advanced needle threading function that easily pushes the thread through the needle with the press of a lever and a jam resistant drop-in top bobbin
- Included accessories: The STH150HDH heavy duty sewing machine comes with 9 sewing feet, set of heavy weight sewing needles, instruction manual and more
- LCD Screen: View your stitch selections, stitch size and recommended sewing foot on the LCD display
- At your side support: The ST150HDH sewing machine comes with Brother at your side support offering free technical support via online, live chat or phone for the life of your machine
Ease of Use
Brother SB700T sewing machine is electronic. It comes with automatic controls that make your work very easy. Much of the work is taken away from your hands so that you can keep your garment in position as you stitch.
Brother SB700T sewing machine is ideal for curvy fabrics, letting you add color and sophistication for decoration. The 70 built-in stitches give you a wide range of stitches to use on your garments.
The features are put together in a way that makes their access easy and convenient. The additional large table is especially a comfortable addition. You can handle large sewing projects with ease.
Brother SB700T sewing machine comes with two types of warranty. The first one is 25 years long for US clients. The other one is 30 days for non-US clients for parts and labor.
- The price is great for the features you get from the machine
- A wide variety of features make your sewing experience easy
- Adjustable bobbin winding speed
- Monochrome display
- Large table included
- Fewer built-in stitches compared to some other models on the market
- Short warranty cover for international clients
Husqvarna Viking Sapphire 930 Sewing Machine
- 37 UNIQUE BUILT-IN STITCHES: The Brother XR3774 includes 37 built-in stitches including blind hem, decorative and quilting stitches and a 1-step buttonhole
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER AND DROP-IN TOP BOBBIN: This sewing and quilting machine includes an automatic needle threader that perfectly pushes the thread through the needle and a convenient, jam resistant drop-in top bobbin
- INCLUDED ACCESSORIES: The XR3774 quilting and sewing machine comes with a machine cover, wide table, 8 sewing feet, instructional DVD, and more
- VERSATILE FREE ARM: The Brother XR3774 is perfect for a wide range of everyday sewing and quilting projects, and users from beginners to advanced
- This product is intended for sale only in the US at 120 volts, and any other use or sale voids the warranty.
Husqvarna Viking Sapphire 930 Sewing Machine offers you a wide range of features. The features ensure you are guided and well assisted throughout the sewing process. The sewing space on the machine is large enough to help you manage large projects. Threads are conveniently cut at the press of a button while your project is still in the machine. It’ll interest you to know that Husqvarna Viking Sapphire 930 Sewing Machine makes settings specific to the type of fabric. Such convenience lets you concentrate on doing what you love best without worry about settings.
The technology behind the machine is user-friendly. You can easily do free-motion sewing with any stitch. The start/stop button enhances functionality by providing you with consistent sewing speed. You don’t have to use the foot control to operate the machine. The large area bordering the needle to the right gives you ample space for placing your projects.
Ease of Use
Since it is an automated machine, it is easy to set the functions as desired. It’s ideal for both beginners and professionals.
Husqvarna Viking Sapphire 930 Sewing Machine has hundreds of specialty stitches. It has 7mm stitches and different font styles for decoration purposes. Threads are cut automatically, and thread tension is set depending on the fabric in use. Since most of the functions of the machine are automatic, the performance of the machine is at its best.
Husqvarna Viking Sapphire 930 Sewing Machine is designed to provide you with convenience. The exclusive sensor system is based on technology that automatically senses the fabric thickness. This way, it can give you the perfect fabric feed.
This information is not available.
- Comes with over 200 stitch designs
- Automated functions
- User-friendly innovation
- Large sewing area for big projects
- Getting the thread into the needle is not automatic
- Very expensive compared to other models
Janome 2212 Sewing Machine
Janome 2212 Sewing Machine is rated the world’s most comfortable sewing machine. If you need a highly affordable and easy-to-use machine, get this one for yourself. It’s an ideal machine for first-time sewers and kids who would like to learn to sew. It comes with built-in features, with an easy-to-turn dial pattern that lets you choose from one of the 12 built-in stitches. It also has a four-step buttonhole option that makes fixing buttons easy and convenient.
Ease of Use
It’s easy to use and control to for both beginners and professionals. The built-in features allow you to choose and use the functions easily. It comes with two retractable vertical spool pins which make its use even more relaxed.
The machine performs pretty basic functions and is ideal for beginners.
The large working area gives you ample space on which to place our projects when sewing.
This information is not available.
- Great features for an affordable price
- Impressive speeds that produce up to 860 stitches per minute
- The presser foot helps you put your stitching together
- Getting the tension wrong can break the needles
- Slow settings can get the needle stuck in thick fabrics
Singer Confidence Quilter 7469Q Computerized Electronic Portable Sewing Machine
- Automatic needle threader and Drop & Sew bobbin system make for quick and easy set-up. Helpful Hint: To secure thread, pull both threads to the backside of the fabric and tie together.
- 98 built-in stitches with seven fully automatic one-step buttonholes provide endless project possibilities
- Programmable needle up/down and drop feed make quilting fun and easy
- Four bonus quilting feet and an extension table create the winning quilting combination
- Electronic twin needle control and adjustable stitch length and width allow you to customize your projects. 110 volt sewing machine designed for United States and Canadian use only. . Amps: 0. 62
The 98-stitch patterns sewing machine will let you experiment with creativity in the fashion world. It comes with 1-step buttonholes fully automated and a drop-and-sew bobbin system for free motion. The heavy-duty metal frame makes the machine take on maximum weight without pressure.
Ease of Use
It comes with several features that make quilting easy and enjoyable. It’s ideal for use by beginners and intermediate quilters.
The drop features allow free motion work. Threading and embroidery are quick and easy with the Six Second Threading System. Stitch selection is also straightforward.
The machine is easy to give you ample working space. The stitching features are also easily accessible and easy to activate.
Singer Confidence Quilter 7469Q Computerized Electronic Portable Sewing Machine has a warranty of 25 years.
- Comes with a wide variety of stitches like decorative quilting, utility, stretch, and heirloom
- Has 98 fully automated patterns
- 2 LED lights that last long and remain cool
- Automated bobbin winding clutch
- Few automated patterns compared to other models
- Not the best option for expert sewers
After comparing the above sewing machines, we concluded that Brother Sb700T Sewing Machine is the best you can buy. Its price is very pocket-friendly, and it entails features that will make your sewing experience enjoyable. Beginners looking for a starter sewing machine should go for the Brother Sb700T Sewing Machine.
Featured Image via Pixabay