The Best Sewing Machine Under 100 Dollars Reviewed!!
The Brother XM2701 is our winning pick, thanks to its long list of features and affordable price tag.
Ready to dive into the world of sewing? It's fun, exciting, and a practical hobby.
You have a list of projects you want to get started on right away. You have your fabric, a craft room, and the time. But there's one thing you still need.
A sewing machine!
But how do you decide? There are so many options, all with different features, and the prices are all over the place. You have a budget, but it's modest at best. This is where we come in. We can help you find the best sewing machine under $100!
For less than the cost of your monthly phone bill, you can equip yourself with a great sewing machine that's ideal for making pillows, clothing, crafts, and more.
So let's find you a sewing machine that won't break the bank. Get that crisp hundred dollar bill ready. It's time to shop!
Update (Jun 21, 2017): The price of the Brother XM2701 has recently gone up, making it just a little more than $100. But it’s still worth every penny and worthy of a spot on this list. Make sure you check Amazon for latest price.
The Best Sewing Machine Under 100 Dollars: Comparison Chart
Without further ado, let’s begin our hunt for the best-rated sewing machine under 100 dollars.
The Brother XM2701 is loaded with features, including 27 stitches and a 1-step auto-size buttonhole setting.
Whether you're new to sewing or advanced, you'll love the versatility this machine has to offer. It's jam-packed with everything a sewer could need. It's surprising that its price qualifies it for our list of best sewing machines under $100.
The features this machine offers include:
- 27 built-in stitch patterns, including straight-line, zig-zag, and blind hem
- 63 stitch functions
- Automatic needle threader
- 800 stitches per minute
- Quick set bobbin, with 6 feed dogs
- Built-in quilting features
- 1- step buttonhole style, ensures virtually perfect buttonholes
- 25 year warranty
- Bilingual instruction anuals in English and Spanish
This is an exceptional sewing machine at an incredibly reasonable cost. With this model, you can expect phenomenal results as it comes with 17 different built-in stitch patterns and a fully functional 4 step-buttonhole as well.
Whether you're doing some simple stitching or maybe repairing complex hems, the Brother Jx2517 can do it all for you.
The model is great for basic, everyday use since it comes with all the simple features and accessories that you might want out of a sewing machine. Other features that this model offers are:
- Manual needle threading system
- Speed of 900 stitches per minute
- 4 feed dog systems
- A jam-resistant quick-set drop-in top bobbin
- Stitch width of 5mm and length of 4 mm
- Built-in storage for accessories
- Range of different, yet useful accessories including bobbins and extra needle pins
For those of you who take sewing as a serious hobby, this model is your perfect match. The Singer 1304 is simple, easy, and effective to work with.
This Singer model is easy to set up and because it's so light, you can carry it anywhere you need to.
There's no need for you to make stitch length and width adjustments with this one, as they're already set. You can complete a wide variety of stitching with this model, including cuffs, hems, and so much more.
The Singer 1304 has the following specifications:
- Speed of 750 stitches per minute
- 6 built-in stitch patterns to choose from (including the 4 step buttonhole)
- Easy stitch style selection from dial
- Automatic bobbin winding feature
- Reverse sewing option
- Inclusede all-purpose, buttonhole, and zipper presser feet
- 5 mm stitch width (automatically set)
- Free arm setting for stitching cuffs, collars, hemming, and reaching other difficult areas
This is a workable yet inexpensive 10 stitches sewing machine at a great price. It is a simple yet powerful machine that's great for new sewists.
It’s a small-sized, portable, easy-to-use sewing machine that is perfect for alterations and other basic sewing tasks. The attached finger guard helps protect little fingers from accidents. The Fastlane can be used for several different fabrics, including light denim, cotton, and chiffon. More features include :
- Straight, zig-zag, and multi-stitch option
- 10 stitches built-in
- Easy to use top loading bobbin system
- Free arm and reverse lever
- Presser foot with finger guard
Let's start with the weight of this machine. At only 5 pounds, it's hard to find a lighter machine.
Besides being portable, this model offers plenty of other great features, like 8 built-in stitch patterns, reverse stitching, and an LED to work beneath. You can learn how to create neat and clean stitches with this machine.
Other highlights of this model are:
- 8 built-in stitch patterns to choose from
- Select your stitch speed from the high-low options
- Reverse stitching option
- Easy thread tension control from the front dial on the machine
- Free arm option
- 3 different feed dog systems
- Extra accessories, including needles, bobbins, and foot pedal
- Very easy to understand manuals
- Compact and highly inexpensive
What to Look For in a Sewing Machine Under $100
Let’s be clear.
A $100 price isn't going to buy you a professional grade machine.
When your budget grows, so does the quality of your machine. But don't think that you can't get a fully functional and great machine for $100 or less.
To make sure you're getting a machine that will suit your needs, look for a model that offers the following:
- Basic stitches like the straight line and zig-zag stitch, followed by some other decorative stitches.
- A range of solutions to your basic sewing concerns, such as assisting with decor projects and projects that involve both light and heavy fabrics.
- Simplicity. While it will probably take you some time to adjust, make sure you get a machine that won't overwhelm you.
If you find shopping for a sewing machine intimidating or you don't want to deal with all the research, our guide is perfect for you. All it takes is a few minutes of your time and you'll know exactly which machine is best for you. And the best part is that your new sewing machine won't cost you more than $100.
Just remember, there are several machines that have a tempting $100 tag, but that doesn't mean you'll be getting a quality machine. We love the Brother XM2701 and believe it is the best sewing machine under $100 but any of the options on our list will have you sewing in a flash without going over budget.